ICON SOLAR is changing the way the Tri-State thinks about solar! As a top residential and commercial solar integrator based in Cincinnati, OH, Icon Solar offers comprehensive financial options and superior customer service. Icon Solar is pursuing a growth strategy and needs talented and motivated people to join our winning team and help us reach our full potential.
General Summary The Marketing Manager is responsible for the development, implementation and oversight of the marketing strategy and function of the business with the objectives of positioning, brand awareness, driving demand generation and providing a full calendar of opportunities for the sales force by creating qualified leads and nurturing those leads into customers.
• Oversight of and updates to website, including writing content
• Identify opportunities to put Icon in the public eye (e.g. announcement about successful installation in a new part of town etc.)
• Write and distribute press releases
• Maintain the CRM to ensure it is being utilized properly and to its greatest potential, including reporting, email, data entry/synchronization and other functions
• Maintain research database by identifying, assembling and organizing marketing information so it is readily available for use by company personnel
• Maintain marketing staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees and supervising and appraising job results
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
• Develop and obtain approval for a marketing strategy and develop and obtain approval for short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing program and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance
• Oversee implementation of the marketing strategy - including campaigns, events, digital marketing, and PR
• Work closely with the company’s Sales team; enabling them to meet their objectives by providing them with appropriate and qualified opportunities
• Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends and ensure the company is at the top of relevant promotional lists, sites, etc.
• Optimize our marketing automation and lead nurturing processes through email, website, content, and social channels
• Establish analytics to understand how our marketing activity turns into customers, and continually refine our process to convert customers
• Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and additional channels that may be deemed relevant
• Honesty/Integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
• Teamwork. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with others to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
• Follow-through on commitments. Lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
• Organization and planning. Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
• Strategic thinking/visioning. Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
• Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including e-mail.
• High Standards. Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
• Proactive. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
• Enthusiasm. Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
• Flexibility/adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
• Work Ethic. Possesses a strong willingness to work hard.
• 3-5 years of experience in a marketing/communications role
• BA / BS in Marketing or related discipline required
• Demonstrated increasing responsibility in marketing/communications role.
• Proven experience in researching, developing, implementing and measuring a marketing plan.
• Demonstrated strategic thought; competency in writing.
• Demonstrated ability to hire, manage and successfully direct younger team members.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, and Excel. Competency in Social Media, Internet navigation and the use of a CRM.