Working for Equity Residential means being part of a community employees and residents striving to provide the best in apartment living, speaking boldly about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we live and work together. That's what our Be.Think.Play.Live. culture is all about.
Our Doorman is the face of our community, bringing people together and connecting people to their apartment home. By exemplifying professionalism and superior customer service skills, the Doorman provides each person who walks into the community with a sense of Equity Residential's brand promise, How Home Should Feel. The Doorman plays a vital role in helping the Company establish customer loyalty, which leads to resident retention.
As a Doorman, you will be responsible for serving as the first point of superior customer service to our residents, their guests and potential residents, allowing us to deliver on our resident commitments of exceptional move-in, total satisfaction, express service, and personal attention. Each day will be unique, requiring an ability to prioritize, and multitask. A Doorman brings positive energy to each conversation, ensures the security of the building, and makes everyone feel welcome and appreciated.
WHO YOU ARE
- A Strong Communicator. Your speaking skills are clear and effective, helping you connect well with others.
- A Team Player. You are united with teammates in delivering the best experience to current and prospective residents.
- Organized. You are flexible and able to juggle personal interactions with teammates and residents smoothly.
- Caring. You put yourself in others' shoes and strive for positive outcomes.
- Motivated. You invest extra energy to reach your goals.
- Solution-Oriented. You follow through on commitments, letting residents know that they matter.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Deliver an exceptional experience to every person, beginning with an unmatched first impression and building rapport with teammates, visitors, and current residents.
- Assist our customers by arranging private/taxi transportation for residents and guests, gathering packages and delivering personal belongings to resident apartments, and providing directions when needed.
- Maintain and uphold a high standard for community curb appeal by maintaining the appearance and condition of the front of and entrance to the building, removing all sidewalk debris, and inspecting and cleaning all front building glass, metal and marble.
- Monitor front and entrance for safety and function by conducting ongoing inspection of sidewalks, monitoring dangerous conditions due to rain, ice or snow, conducting proper clean-up and safety protocol as necessary, and reporting all hazardous or potentially dangerous property conditions to on-site maintenance and/or management colleagues.
- Collaborate with talented teammates to identify and solve any apartment issues that arise.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- One year customer service and/or administrative experience in a professional environment
- Prior experience in security; experience in hospitality a plus
We recognize everyone has different needs outside of work. That's why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique options to employees, like adoption benefits and paid time off for community service projects. To learn more, view our Total Wellbeing page here.