Are you passionate about creating interactive, impactful learning opportunities? Do you abhor the read and click next approach to eLearning? Do you devote your professional life to eliminating boring bullets and glorified PowerPoint presentations? Do you get past the buzz-wordiness of microlearning, gamification, and simulations and effectively implement the strategies that work?
If you prefer custom avatars over stock photos, scenarios over multiple choice quizzes, and simulations over tell then test, then we'd like to chat. Our tiny, but mighty, team is searching for a Learning Designer to help us create irresistible learning for the entire organization.
You'll work with a Learning Manager and Learning Developer to design and execute comprehensive curriculum across all departments. From eLearning modules, webinars, integrated help features, in-person workshops, videos, wikis, and more... we'll rely on your creativity to design tools that help our team members succeed.
WHO YOU ARE
- Passionately Creative. You have ideas and you know how to make them happen.
- A Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear and effective, helping you connect well with others.
- Proactive and Productive. You take initiative, manage your work efficiently, meet your deadlines, and consistently go above and beyond to contribute quality work and to assist other team members and business partners.
- Organized and Confident. You are flexible, composed, have a strong attention to detail, and are able to prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously, while confidently interacting with individuals across all levels of the organization.
- A strong collaborator. You love brainstorming and working closely with your immediate team. You don't live for the spotlight, but rather for the impact your work will have on learners.
- A lifelong learner and innovator. You're not stuck in your ways, and you have a natural curiosity about learning. You learn on your own. You seek new methodologies and aren't complacent about doing things the way they've always been done.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Partner with the Learning Manager to scope new projects and create a proposed solution concept.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts across the organization to identify desired performance objectives and behaviors that lead to success.
- Create design documents, including content outlines, wireframes, storyboards, scripts, and prototypes to bring content to life.
- Interact with others across the organization to vet out design concepts before handing off the approved design to your partner, our Learning Developer.
- Work with direct team members who are in different geographical locations, requiring comfort with technology and autonomy.
- Preferred 2+ years of experience with adult learning design in a corporate environment.
- Must be able to quickly learn, live, and incorporate the culture at Equity into your designs.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and collaboration skills, as well as written and verbal communications skills.
- Required proficiency with software like Google apps and Hangouts.
- Basic familiarity and development skills with eLearning software, like Articulate Storyline or Adobe Captivate.
- Bonus points for experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, especially graphic design abilities.
Working for Equity Residential means being part of a community employees and residents striving to provide the best in apartment living, speaking boldly about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we live and work together. That's what our Be.Think.Play.Live. culture is all about.
We recognize everyone has different needs outside of work. That's why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique options to employees, like adoption benefits and paid time off for community service projects. To learn more, view our Total Wellbeing page here.