| A fully-integrated national multifamily investment, development, and property management company is looking for a Financial Analyst to support business development and client services in their Austin, TX regional office. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree and 1-5 years of multifamily and/or analytical experience. This is a fast-paced position that requires intermediate to advanced Excel skills, the ability to write well and proofread, excellent time-management, organizational and multi-tasking skills, solid project management and interpersonal skills, and the ability to read and understand financial statements. |
Depending on the candidate, this role can include a wide variety of things including but not limited to: underwriting, market data analysis, RFP preparation, presentation development, and client interaction, and assisting the Director of Client Services as needed. The successful candidate is goal driven, works well independently, is a self-starter, and is willing to travel if needed. The Company offers competitive pay and benefits, an outstanding teamwork culture, as well as opportunity for advancement. EOE.
Job Summary: Supports the strategic and daily management of Greystar's Client Services goals and initiatives of the assigned area by: gathering and analyzing financial and market research data; interpreting trends, forecasts, and financial results; developing recommendations for optimum financial and operational performance; and professionally and effectively communicating the aforementioned via presentations, proposals, and in-person meetings.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information and performs market research to assist the Director of Client Services in the evaluation of multifamily development, investment, and management opportunities.
- Prepares multi-year strategic plans and coordinates the underwriting process for investment/development opportunities.
- Reviews budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents.
- Performs market surveys by preparing metrics, comparing and analyzing data, and finalizing roll-ups for audits.
- Under the guidance of the Director of Client Services, coordinates and completes customized business proposals, presentations, and general purpose collateral.
- Completes various financial, accounting, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
- Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to area(s) of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s).
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, property, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, employee/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individual(s).
- Identifies areas for improvement and offers suggestions to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, processes, and standards within the industry and area(s) of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes, research and/or subscribing to the internet or other professional publications, or utilizing other appropriate method(s) to obtain business and professional information, and applies knowledge and practices to area(s) of responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration
- 1-5 years of financial analysis work experience
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills
- Excel, financial modeling, database management, and pivot tables.
- PowerPoint and other presentation solutions; highly versed in preparing professional collateral and presentations
- Word; professional writing skills and familiarity with the Review function
- Outlook; professional email writing and etiquette
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in order to prepare and explain financial data to board members, senior managers, staff, and internal and external auditors.
- Employment history that demonstrates the application and usage of an accounting and financial background sufficient to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports in accordance with accounting, finance, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- A combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the application and usage of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task with great organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to project and time manage to meet deadlines
- Goal driven self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willing to travel
- Multi-family real estate industry experience highly preferred.