A fully-integrated national multifamily investment, development, and property management company is looking for an Accounts Receivable Support Specialist in its Lynnwood regional office. The Company offers competitive pay and benefits as well as opportunity for advancement. EOE.
Job Summary: This position is responsible for ensuring all administrative and support functions are completed for the department. Responsibilities may include providing assistance to support outstanding balance collection in an effort to achieve or maintain daily, weekly, and monthly targets and responding to inquiries (via phone and/or email). Additional responsibilities may also include partnering directly with community managers and their associates on various issues, as well as reviewing resident and/or collection files for proper documentation as well as ensuring they are in compliance with all applicable laws and department policies.
- Respond promptly to client inquiries according to level of urgency and date submitted; properly recording detail of actions taken.
- Provide Receivables help desk support by receiving and processing move-out files, screening files and/or revision requests, responding to user requests and questions, researching and correcting system problems and following up with the end users to ensure satisfactory resolution of systems-related issues.
- Prepare documents, letters, and other communication materials for internal and external distribution; types and spell-checks documents, complies with statutory notice periods and any relevant document retention policies.
- Complete projects, tasks, assignments, and other work that is unique to the department; follows departmental policies and procedures, and meets standards, metrics, and other benchmarks used within the department for evaluating performance and results.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments including organization of and participation in weekly departmental meetings.
- Audits files/statements received for accuracy, completeness and compliance with all applicable contract terms and federal/state laws, requests additional or missing information from Community Managers and associates; make any necessary revisions.
- Enter data into internal systems for all files and support documentation received ensuring accuracy of information.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to prepare and explain data to team members and/or clients.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, property management (Yardi or One Site), and database management programs in order to complete required reports.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percentages in order to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service orientation, with a strong emphasis on understanding and applying proven customer care techniques and processes
- Demonstrated strong research and analytic skills with the ability to apply skills in order to proactively identify and address issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, under defined supervision, within a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
- Strong detail orientation, organizational and time management skills
- Must be able to handle confidential and/or highly sensitive information within established guidelines or regulations applying the appropriate level of diplomacy, tact, discretion, and privacy
- High School diploma required